The Council of Architecture (COA) invites applications for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) – 2018. As per the Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, qualifying in an aptitude test in Architecture is mandatory for admission to B.Arch. degree course. The eligible and interested candidates can apply for NATA 2018 through online official website at www.nata.in on or before last date i.e. 2nd March 2018.
Application form Start Date: 16th January 2018
Application form End Date: 2nd March 2018
About – Council of Architecture (COA)
The Council of Architecture (COA) has been constituted by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972, enacted by the Parliament of India, which came into force on 1st September, 1972. The Act provides for registration of Architects, standards of education, recognized qualifications and standards of professional conduct and etiquette to be complied with by the architects.
The Council of Architecture is vested with the responsibility to regulate the education and practice of profession throughout India besides maintaining the register of architects. For this purpose, the Government of India has framed Rules and Council of Architecture has framed Regulations as provided for in the Architects Act, with the approval of Government of India.
Read More at : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_cCdp2THdTE7MuhA7L-mrocEaZSjYbqo/preview
About NATA- 2018
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by COA since 2006, in terms of the provisions of CoA (Minimum Standards of Architectural Education) Regulations, 1983, published in the Gazette of India. It is implied that a separate aptitude test in .Architecture should be conducted and such test should not be combined with the tests for admissions to Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine and other disciplines. Being the competent authority for fixing norms and standards for architectural institutions, COA has the necessary expertise to hold a Common Aptitude Test in Architecture, at national level to provide a single window system for appearing in aptitude test and to facilitate institutions, students and public at large for admission to First year of 5 year B.Arch. Degree Course at all recognized Institutions all over country.
The purpose of conducting NATA is to provide a single scheme of examination for holding aptitude test and to facilitate prospective students all over the country to apply for admissions in architecture seats in institutions spread across the country and to avoid appearing in multiple aptitude tests. However, the actual admissions shall be carried out only by the concerned competent authorities of the respective states/institutions based on NATA. The NATA also ensures that the eligibility criteria for admission to five year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) degree course, as prescribed by CoA and duly approved by the Central Government, are strictly adhered to and followed all over the country in Architectural Institutions.
Read More at : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_cCdp2THdTE7MuhA7L-mrocEaZSjYbqo/preview
Candidates may come from the following backgrounds:
(a) 10+2 or equivalent passed/appearing;
(b) 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/appearing recognized by Central/State Govts;
(c) International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling
QUALIFYING IN NATA-2018 DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A RIGHT/ GUARANTEE IN FAVOUR OF THE CANDIDATE FOR HIS/HER ADMISSION TO ANY ARCHITECTURE COURSE UNLESS HE/SHE HAS FULFILLED ALL THE PRESCRIBED REQUIREMENTS AS SPECIFIED BY RESPECTIVE COUNSELLING AND ADMISSION AUTHORITIES
Only candidates who have the following credentials shall be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course.
i. Qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2018
ii. Have gone through any of the following curriculum with marks as prescribed below
(a) 10+2 or equivalent examination of Central/State Govts. with 50% aggregate marks and with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination; OR
(b) 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts. with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination; OR
(c) International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination
No direct lateral admission is allowed at any other year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
NATA- 2018 is a qualifying examination for admission into the B. Arch degree program. Reservation is a prerogative of the admission/ counselling authority and does not fall under the purview of this examination.
- For General / OBC candidates : Rs. 1800/- (Rupees One thousand and eight hundred and only)
- For SC/ ST candidates the application fee is Rs. 1500/- (One thousand and five hundred only)
Fee Payment mode: Application fee, acceptable through ONLINE mode only. Payment of fee can be made through State Bank of India/ Bill desk payment gateway.
Filling up the application form is in two stages as outlined:
- Stage I- Registration Process
- Stage II- Submission of Application form
Stage I – Registration Process
- Step 1: Visit NATA portal at www.nata.in or https://learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2018
- Step 2: Click on Register Now button and it will take you to the Login Page.
- Step 3: Again click Register Now button for signing up the User Account Registration. Fill-in the MANDATORY fields and click on Sign up.
- Step 4: Once you have successfully signed up. Click on Login to continue, login with your chosen credentials.
Note: To create your credentials candidates are required to provide a login ID and password.
Stage II Submission of Application Form
- Step 1: Login into NATA- 2018 portal with chosen credentials, and Click on Apply Now button which will be directed to the application form.
- Step 2: Fill-in the MANDATORY fields which are required.
- Step 3: Upload the required documents and click on Preview button to preview the filled in application form then click on Submit button to submit the form. Once the form is submitted, no changes will be entertained, so carefully fill-in the application form.
- Step 4: Once the application form submitted, it will be redirected to Payment Gateway page. Kindly provide the required inputs for payment process.
- Step 5: Upon successful fee payment, you will get land up in confirmation page contains Application No and Transaction No., kindly take a printout of it as a proof of application form submission.
All candidates are required to upload the following images
- Recent Passport size Photograph in Colour
- Own Signature
- Community certificate issued by a competent authority in the case of SC/ST candidates only
Following are the details regarding the size and dimension of the documents:
Finally the Confirmation Page is generated upon successful payment of Application Fee. Its generation means that the candidate has been successfully REGISTERED. The candidate should take a printout and preserve the confirmation page for future reference. A print out of the Confirmation page will not provide admittance to the Test Centre to take the examination.
Candidates should follow the below instructions in order to complete the online registration and security for your online logins.
|1. Read the online instructions carefully before filling-in of the Application Form online.
2. Specify all personal information, address and date of birth correctly.
3. Remember your application number and password.
4. Choose the examination zones correctly.
5. Upload colour photograph and signature of specified size only
6. Retain a copy of the Confirmation Page.
7. Follow the time schedule as mentioned in the brochure and Admit Card.
8. Enter the examination hall only with your Admit Card.
9. For drawings, use own pencils and coloured pencils.
|1. Don’t divulge your application number and password to anybody.
2. Don’t give wrong/unused mobile number and e-mail id during form fill up.
3. Don’t upload poor quality scanned photograph and signature.
4. Don’t send duly filled in Confirmation Page or any document through post.
5. Don’t spoil the hard copy of your downloaded admit card.
6. Don’t use crayons, water colours and oil paints for the drawing test.
7. Don’t bring Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic gadget inside the Examination Hall.
8. Don’t bring any instruments including scale inside the Examination hall.
|Availability of information in the public domain||From 3rd January 2018|
|Application form Start Date||16th January 2018|
|Application form End Date||2nd March 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd April 2018|
|Date and Time of Examination||29th April 2018 (Sunday) (10:30 AM to 01:30 PM)|
|Publication of Results||1st June 2018|
NATA-2018 score shall be valid only for admission in the academic session 2018-19.
Official website : http://www.nata.in
Download Information Brochure at : http://www.nata.in/NATA2018-Brochure.pdf